Date

FINAL REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

Updated Event: LFN Technical Advisory Council #cal-invite

lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org Calendar <lfn-tac@...>

LFN Technical Advisory Council

When:
Wednesday, 11 September 2019
7:00am to 8:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/560486345?pwd=QXNHRVgyMEtURFVjMDhUUGZ4ZVhFQT09

Organizer: Casey Cain ccain@...

Linux Foundation Networking is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: LFN Technical Advisory Council
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/560486345?pwd=QXNHRVgyMEtURFVjMDhUUGZ4ZVhFQT09

Meeting ID: 560 486 345
Passcode: 322474
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,560486345# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,560486345# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        +1 438 809 7799 Canada
        +1 587 328 1099 Canada
        +1 647 374 4685 Canada
        +1 647 558 0588 Canada
        +1 778 907 2071 Canada
        +1 204 272 7920 Canada
        855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
        +86 10 8783 3177 China
        +86 10 5387 6330 China
        400 616 8835 China Toll-free
        400 669 9381 China Toll-free
        400 182 3168 China Toll-free
        +91 22 71 279 525 India
        +91 406 480 2722 India
        +91 446 480 2722 India
        +91 806 480 2722 India
        +91 80 71 279 440 India
        +91 116 480 2722 India
        +91 22 48 798 004 India
        +91 224 879 8012 India
        +91 226 480 2722 India
        000 800 050 5050 India Toll-free
        000 800 040 1530 India Toll-free
Meeting ID: 560 486 345
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

Re: Action Item Follow Up: LFN Demos Review

Morgan Richomme

+1

From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 10:21 PM
To: "lfn-tac@...>
Cc: Ranny Haiby <ranny.haiby@...>
Subject: Action Item Follow Up: LFN Demos Review

Hi All,

I had an action to pull together a list of ONES demos to share for consideration as we think about future LFN cross-project collaboration features. We recently published this page on the ONES website that details 7 LFN project demos:

Note: The first 3 demos listed are from LF Edge.

Best,

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

Thank you.

LFN services by project lifecycle phase

Jim Baker

Folks,
As we reviewed today, please find the link to the google sheet containing this information. It is set so that anyone with the link can view and comment. For those unable to access, please find attached the same information in .xls format. Please review and send me your comments!
Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Baker
Linux Foundation Networking - Technical Program Manager

LFN Technical Advisory Council - Wed, 09/23/2020 #cal-notice

lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org Calendar <noreply@...>

LFN Technical Advisory Council

When:
Wednesday, 23 September 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Organizer:
ccain@...

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,560486345# or +16465588656,,560486345#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 560 486 345
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

LFN Technical Advisory Council - Wed, 09/23/2020 7:00am-8:00am #cal-reminder

lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org Calendar <lfn-tac@...>

Reminder: LFN Technical Advisory Council

When: Wednesday, 23 September 2020, 7:00am to 8:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/560486345

View Event

Organizer: Casey Cain ccain@...

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,560486345# or +16465588656,,560486345#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 560 486 345
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

Re: Inclusive language working group mailing list

Edward Warnicke

I'd also recommend joining the LF wide conversation at:

Best to get the broadest conversation going :)

Ed

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 4:04 PM Casey Cain <ccain@...> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

If you would like to follow the discussion, you can join the mailing list here:

If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC: CaseyLF
WeChat: okaru6
Voice: +1.408.641.0193

Re: Action Item Follow Up: LFN Demos Review

Thomas Nadeau

I understand but this will get to the same challenges we had with OPNFV earlier and commercial VNFs.

--Tom

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 9:34 AM Catherine LEFEVRE <catherine.lefevre@...> wrote:

Good morning Tom,

The reason why I raised this question is that we have got requests from community members to have an access to the code so they can trial themselves.

Best regards

Catherine

From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 10:21 PM
To: "lfn-tac@..." <lfn-tac@...>
Cc: Ranny Haiby <ranny.haiby@...>

Hi All,

I had an action to pull together a list of ONES demos to share for consideration as we think about future LFN cross-project collaboration features. We recently published this page on the ONES website that details 7 LFN project demos:

Note: The first 3 demos listed are from LF Edge.

Best,

Brandon Wick

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager

The Linux Foundation

+1.917.282.0960

Re: Action Item Follow Up: LFN Demos Review

Haiby, Ranny (Samsung)

From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 10:21 PM
To: "lfn-tac@..." <lfn-tac@...>
Cc: Ranny Haiby <ranny.haiby@...>

[...]

REMINDER: FD.io Webinar Tomorrow, 9:00 AM PT on High-Performance IPsec

Brandon Wick

Details: September 17, 2020 | FD.io’s VPP Smashes the Barrier to Wide Scale Adoption of Inexpensive High-Performance IPsec | Audian Paxson & Neal Hartsell, Netgate; John DiGiglio, Intel; Jerome Tollet, Cisco |

Description: The perimeter has disappeared. Apps are either born in the cloud, or moving there fast. And here in 2020, we now see massive work from home. Secure communications, specifically using IPsec, are more important than ever. But as connection counts and speeds rise, networking costs become budget busters. Major breakthroughs in software-based packet processing, specifically VPP, have shattered previously limited economics. This webinar sheds light on how VPP does what it does, the remarkable results it achieves, in both performance and price-performance.

[Note: This webinar registration uses the Linux Foundation’s Single Sign On (SSO). Learn more here.] If you have any issues registering, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

Join thousands of your peers to shape the future of networking and edge computing. See which companies/job titles have already registered to attend and check out the full schedule

FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960

LFN Technical Advisory Council - Wed, 09/09/2020 #cal-notice

lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org Calendar <noreply@...>

LFN Technical Advisory Council

When:
Wednesday, 9 September 2020
7:00am to 8:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Organizer:
ccain@...

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,560486345# or +16465588656,,560486345#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 560 486 345
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

LFN Technical Advisory Council - Wed, 09/09/2020 7:00am-8:00am #cal-reminder

lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org Calendar <lfn-tac@...>

Reminder: LFN Technical Advisory Council

When: Wednesday, 9 September 2020, 7:00am to 8:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/560486345

View Event

Organizer: Casey Cain ccain@...

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16699006833,,560486345# or +16465588656,,560486345#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 560 486 345
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

Invitation: Inclusive Language Working Group @ Wed Sep 16, 2020 07:00 - 08:00 (PDT) (lfn-tac@lists.lfnetworking.org)

Casey Cain

You have been invited to the following event.

Inclusive Language Working Group

When
Wed Sep 16, 2020 07:00 – 08:00 Pacific Time - Los Angeles
Where
https://zoom.us/j/98338653330 (map)
Calendar
lfn-tac@...
Who
Casey Cain - creator
trev
Heather Kirksey
Monkman, Bob
djhunt@...
efoley@...
lfn-tac@...
acm
Jim Baker

──────────

Linux Foundation Networking is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/98338653330

Meeting ID: 983 3865 3330
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,98338653330# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,98338653330# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
+86 10 5387 6330 China
+86 10 8783 3177 China
400 182 3168 China Toll-free
400 616 8835 China Toll-free
400 669 9381 China Toll-free
+91 226 480 2722 India
+91 22 71 279 525 India
+91 406 480 2722 India
+91 446 480 2722 India
+91 806 480 2722 India
+91 80 71 279 440 India
+91 116 480 2722 India
+91 22 48 798 004 India
+91 224 879 8012 India
000 800 040 1530 India Toll-free
000 800 050 5050 India Toll-free
Meeting ID: 983 3865 3330
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ai7ERmFyC

──────────

Going (lfn-tac@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account lfn-tac@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

Re: TAC actions: Inclusive Language & OPNFV Health Review

Al Morton <acm@...>

Hi Ranny,

please see replies below.

Al

From: <lfn-tac@...> on behalf of Jason Hunt <djhunt@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 3:33 PM
To: "lfn-tac@..." <lfn-tac@...>

TAC Members,

Two items that I'd call to your attention and action please before our meeting in a week:

- Inclusive Language Initiative -- OPNFV has identified the need to examine the language being used in our documentation and code to insure it is inclusive and free from bias.  This follows on many similar efforts from tech companies and open source projects.  We would like to have the TAC provide a consistent set of guidance which the LFN projects can then individually determine how to implement.  Please consider joining a working group for this effort.  Here is a starter wiki page: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Inclusive+Language+Initiative

- OPNFV Project Health Review -- OPNFV will be presenting its project health review at our next meeting.  Please take some time before the meeting to review the presentation & provide comments.  https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/meetings/OPNFV+TSC+Meeting+2020-08-11?preview=/56296785/56296840/OPNFV%20TAC%20Project%20Review%20Aug_2020.pdf

Thank you for your participation in the TAC.

Regards,
Jason Hunt
Distinguished Engineer, IBM

Phone: +1-314-749-7422